Saturday, November 26, 2005

Farewell Mr. Miyagi

I just found out that actor Pat Morita, who starred in the hit movie 'The Karate Kid' died at the age of 73. Pat, who was famous for his character as a Japanese Sensei Mr. Miyagi, died of heart failure at Las Vegas hospital. I remember when i was a teen, i used to enjoy watching all 'The Karate Kid' movies ( i think there were three sequel). I mean who doesn't? That movie kick ass back in the 90's. I even got my hand on its video game on Nintendo soon after they released the movie!
Just about a week ago, i came across an interview with Pat and his wife on tv. The interview was merely about their life, how did they get to know each other and having a family together. That would be the first time (and the last i suppose) to see Pat on the screen after the movie. Anyway, to Pat Morita...rest in peace and may your movies continue to bring joy and happiness to the world!

No comments: