Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm 28 Today ... 28 !!!



Yes, i'm turning 28 today. Somehow i still feel like being 22 or 23, mentally of course. Physically? I am still somewhere around 17 to 18 years old, at least this is the truth here in UK. I was having an impromptu dinner in Leeds with some friends of mine last night, it was sort of a 'pre-celebrating' my birthday. Anyway, one of my friend suggested that we pop in to the local pub for some drinks. So off we went to one of the nearby pub. Three of my friends who are actually younger than me walked before me manage to get through the bouncer without being stopped. As i was followed up, the bouncer stopped me immediately and asked me for some ID as apparently i am not old enough to get in. (Note: Minimum age to enter any pub or club in UK is 18 years old.)

At first i showed him my University ID but that didn't work and he insisted on driving licence or passport. Then i was thinking who would have bring passport with them all the time? After much frustration i decided not to get it and we all headed back home instead. And just so you know, i have to show legit ID to the local supermarket staff before i can purchase any alcoholic drinks. Can you imagine that?

Sometimes i have a mixture of gladness and sadness at the same time. Gladness because i still look young to certain people but feeling upset as i don't look mature as i am now. Probably this is just a stupid thought but i am still who i am.

Usually this is the time when i reflect myself on what have i done since my 27th birthday. To be honest, i am not really that good in achieving goals. Compare to other who are even younger than me, i am a bit of a loser. Some of my friends are actually in the strong path to a successful career and some have a happy marriage life. I know this might sound unfair for comparing myself to each other, but to me this is kind of a motivation and encouragement. Keeping this in my mind actually boosting my will to work harder so that i can achieve what they have accomplished.

By the way, i haven't make my birthday wish yet. Let me take this opportunity to wish all my love ones and friends have a healthy and happy life ahead and hope that i can finish what i have started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you my dear brother, may god bless you always! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy be-lated bday.... =P