Monday, August 20, 2007

Overcharge custom !?



I was expecting a parcel from USA to be arrived this morning, unfortunately the parcel has been held due to subjected to custom charge. Hence, i made a call to the depot centre to find out how much the charges are. At first i was thinking around £15 as the parcel itself cost around £50, so basically 17.5% of VAT plus handling charge and blah blah probably around £20 the most. How i wished that was true, to my surprise it came out a total of £35.72!

My God, i think this is the most expensive custom charges i ever paid! It's almost as much as the parcel itself! I tried to negotiate with the staff to check if i can pay less than that but that didn't help. According to them i have to contact the custom department in order for me to resolve this issue. To avoid any inconvenience to myself, i decided to go ahead and pay the damn charge. Therefore, the grand total of the parcel to get it send on my front door is about £100. It better be REALLY good when i get it tomorrow!

No comments: