Saturday, November 17, 2007

Finally I'm Getting Inked !

I think one of the most priceless experience i have from my trip back home is by getting a tattoo (well, apart from meeting up my friends and family). Getting myself inked is probably the thing that i always wanted to do. I've been collecting various fascinating designs from all types media for the past years just to get the right choice. At first i was planning to get it done here in England but i guess it's going to cost me a fortune, so i decided to have it during my trip back home as one of my uncle knows a good tattoo parlour.


My favourite tribal art.

Anyway, so i called up the guy (Yusuf is his name, a Filipino Muslim who can speak fluent Mandarin!) and try to make an appointment with him and he happened to be in town. So i met him up in a hotel where he is staying with a mate of his. Just so you know, he is residing and working in Kota Kinabalu and he is kinda like coming to Tawau for Hari Raya.


The man himself, Yusuf.

Once we met, i showed him the design i brought with me and told him how would i like it to be done. Soon after he set up everything, the shows began. I got to say, the first part of the process which is the lining part is quite unpleasant. It feels literally like slicing your flesh with a razor sharp blade. More over, i'm getting it done at my upper back so no doubt it is more painful than any other part of my body. Despite all the' teeth biting and almost crying myself' moments, i am proud to say that i still manage to put myself together and hold it like a man!


Starting up.


End of the first half.


Completing the rest of the process.

Here is a short footage taken by my cousin Darlene when it took place. Apparently, she had her tattoo done by him too a few months ago and she was getting colour touch up on her lower back as the colour kinda faded away.



The whole experience was amazing and putting my favourite art on my body forever is like a dream come true. I am definitely looking forward to get another tribal art on me, hopefully not too long from now!


My tattoo after a month.

2 comments:

Daknight said...

Yay !

Cheers for the Inked cousins!

*Thunderclaps*

Hahaha...

Carmen Beckham said...

Nice one! :)